Mounting a Soft Pad
Mounting a Soft Pad - by Alex Hueston
- Wood Board that is 36"x40"
- Staple Gun
- Heavy Duty Staples
- Clear Duct Tape
- Clear Vinyl 8 ft.. x 23"
- Tape the entire perimeter of the Cyber Grove Pad to the center of the wood with the clear duct tape.
- Cut the 8 ft. piece of Vinyl in half and tape the two 4 ft. pieces together length wise.
- Place the vinyl with the smooth side face up on the floor, place the board face down centered on top of the vinyl.
- Wrap one of either the left or right side over the bottom of the board staple the vinyl, using the staple gun.
- Start in the center working outward staple until you have about 6" left on each end.
- Use the hammer to make the staples flush with the board.
*This is the point of no return*
- Pull the vinyl as taught as possible over on the other side and staple in the same fashion as the other side.
- Staple the vinyl to the bottom of the board, trim the excess.
- Flip the board over Cut out the USB interface so that the vinyl lays flat.
- Finally, staple the remaining vinyl to the board, and now you have a pad that will last.
You'll want a board that is smooth or you can sand it yourself, I used Particle Board. Also Home Depot has a vinyl that lays flat and smooth which is important.